By Maria C.W. Peeters, Jan de Jonge, Toon W. Taris
This is the 1st accomplished review of labor psychology, with insurance of vintage types, present theories, and modern matters affecting the 21st-century worker.
- Examines the positive factors of work–motivation, functionality, creativity, and engagement—instead of focusing merely on adversarial effects
- Edited by way of leaders within the box with chapters written via an international crew of specialists from the U.S., united kingdom, Europe, and Australia
- Discusses issues corresponding to defense at paintings, know-how, operating occasions, work-family interplay, operating in groups , restoration, activity calls for and activity assets, and disorder absence
- Suitable for complex classes all for paintings psychology as a sub self-discipline of labor and organizational psychology
- Didactic positive aspects contain questions for dialogue, bins with sensible purposes, extra studying sections, and a glossary
Read or Download An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology PDF
Similar occupational & organizational books
In terms of activity defense, there are not any promises. yet there are methods to overcome the chances. To turn into a key participant. To develop into irreplaceable. Now, at a time whilst individuals are wasting their jobs at an alarming cost all throughout the USA, bestselling writer Eric Weber’s up-to-date version offers the fundamental instruments to retaining your activity.
This booklet provides managers and specialists useful information on how one can construct organisations which are based round potent teamworking. this article makes a speciality of the right way to construct firms which are dependent round groups. perfect for managers or experts who're introducing team-based operating into corporations.
Integrating findings from learn and perform so as to make functional, evidence-based concepts for combating and addressing systemic place of work mistreatment, this ebook: specializes in the recursive results of mistreatment in enterprises and the way person and organizational health might be more desirable by way of carefully-designed rules and strategies.
Become aware of confirmed suggestions for making use of confident psychology inside of your training practiceWritten via Robert Biswas-Diener, a revered researcher, psychologist, existence and organizational trainer, and professional in confident psychology, working towards optimistic Psychology training offers a variety of sensible interventions and instruments you could positioned to exploit without delay on your training perform.
- Social Media in Employee Selection and Recruitment: Theory, Practice, and Current Challenges
- Consulting Psychology: Selected Articles
- Beyond greed and fear : understanding behavioral finance and the psychology of investing
- Organisationstheorie: Problemstellung - Modelle - Entwicklung
- Maps of bounded rationality
- Trust and Communication in a Digitized World: Models and Concepts of Trust Research
Additional info for An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology
These are questions of research design to which we turn our attention in the latter half of this chapter. Replay • A hypothesis is a testable prediction about the world. • Hypothetical constructs are used to label the concepts (such as job satisfaction) that we cannot directly observe in order to organize and classify observations in a meaningful way. • Operational definitions define an abstract construct in specific, observable, measurable and behavioural terms. 1 Measurement Although this definition is not accepted by everyone, Stevens (1946) defined measurement as ‘the assignment of numerals to objects or events according to rules’ (p.
Contemporary work psychology Work psychology as it is today builds on the notions discussed in this section. It aims to improve productivity by optimizing the organization of work, work methods and job characteristics, but at the same time strives towards People at Work aximization of worker health and well-being. It is interdisciplinary, in that it m builds on, contributes to and blends ideas and findings developed in disciplines such as occupational medicine, ergonomics, organizational sociology, social psychology and personality psychology.
The extent to which the scores on the test stabilize over time). Alternative forms reliability Another form of reliability used in many areas of psychology is alternative forms reliability, in which two different, but equal, forms of the test are developed and compared with each other. e. when people know they are being measured and this knowledge might affect their behaviour). For example, an organization may use a cognitive ability test as part of its selection procedure. It may want to use multiple versions of the same ability test that are Research Methods designed to measure the same content, using similar (but not exactly the same) questions at the same level of difficulty.
- Download Re-sizing Psychology in Public Policy and the Private by Mark Furlong PDF
- Download The Oxford Handbook of Justice in the Workplace by Russell Cropanzano, Maureen L. Ambrose PDF